“Our Errors” is the label under which I regroup my artwork, art talks and curation. It is inspired by my book, Humans and their Errors, in which I describe an existence in perpetual motion. I argue that we can only live through an ontological error (“error” in the latin sense, the act of wandering). We can only give meaning to our errors through aesthetics, and it is a beautiful thing. See my credentials below.
“To desire immortality for the individual is really the same as wanting to perpetuate an error forever; for at bottom every individuality is really only a special error, a false step, something that it would be better should not be, in fact something from which it is the real purpose of life to bring us back” Arthur Schopenhauer, The World as a Will and Representation.
Art talks and curation
July 2016 – Chair of the City of Dust art discussion at the occasion of an exhibition opening(London, UK).
July 2015 – Chair of the Human Zoo public art discussion(London, UK).
January 2011 – The Semiotics of Video Games art exhibition.
February 2010 – Welcome to My Place: where people film and share the places that matter to them.
August 2009 – Design for Dreaming: children’s workshops and cultural exchange
July 2009 – Dreams of Progress: video art exhibition on past and present visions of the future
These early experimental videos were mostly created between 2004 and 2008. They are hybrid productions mixing drawing, first-hand photography, acoustic environment, and writing. I regrouped them under one label, “4-8am”, referring to the hours, between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m., during which I produced them: a time aside from the rest of the day, propitious to lyricism and philosophy.
- April 2016, screening of my video and visual work at Open Show (Toronto, Canada).
- June 2015, screening of the Welcome to Hong Kong videos at the Under the Subway Videoart Night, Museu Valencià de la Il·lustració i la Modernitat (Valencia, Spain).
- June 2013, screening of the Welcome to Hong Kong videos at the 3rd edition of Under the Subway Videoart Night (New York, USA).
- July 2011: The Semiotics of Video Games project presented at the 3rd video games cultures conference, organised by the Inter-Disciplinary network and held at the Mansfield College (University of Oxford, UK).
- June 2011: talk about the appropriation of space given at the IXth IIAA conference on Environmental Aesthetics, University of Helsinki (Lahti, Finland).
- June 2011, screening of the “Welcome to Hong Kong – Elevation” video at the 11th edition of the Images Contre Nature festival (Marseilles, France).
- January 2011, conversation with Kati Blom on the appropriation of space, from the International Society for the Philosophy of Architecture.
- September 2010, screening and presentation of the Welcome to Hong Kong project at the European Conference on Complex Systems (Lisbon, Portugal).
- September 2010, two videos made for the occasion of the Study on Verticality project were screened one day each on the subway station screens of Toronto (1.3 million daily commuters), as part of ‘The medium is the Message’ and the ‘Urban Ideas and Politics’ sections of the Toronto Urban Film Festival.
- July 2010, screening of the Study on Verticality and ‘A week off – the ordeal of scentless’ videos followed by a talk at the Temporary Arts Project space, curated by Michaela Freeman (Southend-on-Sea, UK).
- July 2010: paper on the philosophical concept of mobile capital published in the issue 232 of the “Design, Architecture, Ideas” Ottagono magazine (Italy).
- February 2010 – Heterotopia of Walt Disney World paper published in the February 2010 edition of Philosophy Now magazine.
- August 2009 – Design for Dreaming: children’s workshops and cultural exchange
- April 2009, ‘At the bus stop’ video screened at the Undeground City exhibition @ divus unit 30 – London, UK
- February 2009, ‘On the couch’ video screened at the Directors Lounge – curated by LiveBox – Berlin, Germany
- April 2008, ‘On the couch’ video screened at the Artropolis festival – ‘Around The Coyote‘ video lounge – Chicago, USA
- April 2008, screening at the Digital Media Valencia festival – curated by NewMediaFest – Valencia, Spain
- April 2008, ‘Born’ video screened at the E32 – New York, USA
- April 2008, ‘On the couch’ video screened at the Another Roadside Attraction – London, UK
- January 2007, selected for the www.rhizome.org Artbase – New Museum of Contemporary Art – New York, USA
- September 2005, screening at the Media Art Friesland festival – Friesland, the Netherlands
- April 2005, screening at the European Media Art festival – Osnabruck, Germany
- March 2005, referenced by www.shift.jp.org – Japan.